1. When processing titanium alloy in Vacuum furnace, nitrogen should not be used as cooling gas because titanium and nitrogen react at high temperature to form golden titanium nitride.
2. All the movable connections of the Vacuum furnace are sealed with O-ring, and this part is cooled by water.
3. When the workpiece is quenched under vacuum, vacuum quenching oil should be used, which has a lower saturated vapor pressure.
4. The maintenance of the Vacuum furnace should be in the vacuum or pure nitrogen filling state to avoid air suction and moisture absorption when not in use.
5. The pressure rise rate of domestic Vacuum furnace shall not be greater than 1.33 Pa/h, and the standard of some foreign enterprises is 0.67 Pa/h
6. Vacuum heating is mainly based on radiation, and the workpiece should maintain spacing in the furnace.
During the heating process, the workpiece and furnace materials will release gas, causing a decrease in vacuum.
The heating temperature for vacuum tempering, vacuum annealing, vacuum solid solution treatment, and vacuum aging is generally the same as that for conventional treatment.
9. The vacuum tempering furnace should have a fast cooling device. The pressure of the cooling water should be greater than 0.2Mpa, and the flow rate should be adjustable.
10. Cooling gas: Steel generally uses nitrogen with a purity of 99.995%, high-temperature alloys use nitrogen or argon with a purity of 99.999%, and titanium alloys use argon with a purity of 99.995%.
11. Heating up: After placing the workpiece, it is generally pre pumped to 6.67Pa before heating up.